If your furnace breaks down on a cold day or night, your first priority is to get it working again quickly and affordably. Until you have a problem with your furnace, you probably don’t think about having it repaired. But there are actually many benefits to preventative repairs for your heating system. When it comes to furnace repair in Durham, it pays to be proactive.
- Prevents emergency repairs. If your furnace ever breaks down and leaves you in the cold, you will truly understand the importance of preventative maintenance. When your furnace quits it is inconvenient to say the least, and if it happens after hours, in the middle of the night, or on the weekend, you may have to pay extra for emergency service.
- Improves efficiency. Furnace maintenance involves inspecting, cleaning, lubricating, refilling, repairing, and replacing various parts of the system. This makes the entire heating system run more smoothly and efficiently, saving you money on your energy bill.
- Prolongs the life of your furnace. Keeping your furnace in good working order prevents premature wear and tear. If you expect to get the full life out of your heating system, you need to have regular maintenance performed.
- Clarifies indoor air. Indoor air quality should be a concern in the home, according to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). Pollutants in the air can cause an array of health concerns from cold-like symptoms to brain damage. Allergens such as dust, pet dander, mold, mildew, and pollen all exacerbate allergies and asthma. Furnaces also produce carbon monoxide (CO) due to combustion (burning of fuel to create heat) that can be harmful in excess. A properly working furnace will produce trivial amounts of CO and vent it outside the home. However, a dirty furnace with soot build-up creates higher than normal levels of CO, and leaks in the ventilation system can cause carbon monoxide to enter the air in your home. High levels of carbon monoxide can cause brain damage and even death.
- Ensures safety. Fire safety is a concern when it comes to furnaces because of the combustion process. When soot builds up in a furnace there is an increased risk of fire. A cracked or corroded combustion chamber is also a fire safety risk. Proper installation of quality heating products is also a safety factor. If you are unsure of the quality of the installation or condition of your furnace, a reliable HVAC service can evaluate it and offer advice.
Boer Brothers Heating and Cooling saves you money with furnace repair in Durham
Save money and live safer with a preventative maintenance plan from Boer Brothers Heating and Cooling. Boer Brothers inspects, cleans, and repairs your furnace to make sure it is running at top efficiency. You can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your home will always be comfortable, even on the coldest of days and nights. Sign up for system maintenance or call 919-813-2556.
For more information on the benefits of preventative maintenance: http://www.angieslist.com/articles/how-often-should-you-have-furnace-inspection.htm