Pre-Service Checklist for HVAC Systems
When you need a technician to work on your HVAC system, there are a few things that you can do to be well-prepared prior to the service visit. In Durham, air conditioning services and heating repairs are recommended when your heating or AC unit does not work correctly. At Boer Brothers Heating and Cooling, it is helpful for us to have all of the details before we arrive, so we can be fully prepared to perform an efficient repair. Sometimes there are simple solutions to your HVAC system issues that can be resolved prior to a service call. Follow the checklist and have a peace of mind that you have done everything you can to prepare for the heating and air conditioning service.
To prepare for your service appointment, please do the following:
- Find the locations for all of the heating and cooling units in your home.
- Click here to do some simple troubleshooting steps.
- See if your air filters need to be changed. If they are dirty, that may be the reason for your HVAC problems.
- Keep the model numbers of your heating and AC systems at hand.
- Be prepared to explain clearly the symptoms or problem areas of your systems.
- Know the date or timeframe that the problem began.
- Keep the area around your HVAC system accessible. If furniture is blocking it, please create a space to access the heating and air unit.
- If the technician will need to access your system in the attic or crawl space, please make a clear path to the system(s).
- Keep pets in a separate area so they do not get hurt or in the way.
- There must be an adult (18 or over) at home to legally allow a technician to enter your home.
- Be available to answer the phone. A phone call will be made to confirm the appointment and let you know that a technician is on the way.
- If your home is a rental, check with your landlord to have permission to get your system serviced.
- For a frozen heat pump or AC unit, turn it off before the technician arrives to thaw it out prior to being serviced.
- Keep a file containing information on previous Durham air conditioning services and heating system services performed to your HVAC system.
- Have a form of payment available for the service call.
We are ready to help you with your HVAC system service. Please contact Boer Brothers in Durham for your heating and air conditioning services at 919-929-9886.