Heating and Cooling system tax credits available for Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham, Hillsborough and Pittsboro
In January 2013 Congress passed the retroactive American Taxpayer Relief Act for taxpayers who installed energy efficient heating and cooling equipment in their homes. The tax credits are available for those who put equipment in service between January 1, 2012, through December 31, 2013.
Boer Brothers sells equipment that qualifies for the :
- $300 tax credit limit for central split-system air conditioners meeting or exceeding 16 SEER and 13 EER.
- $300 tax credit limit for split-system air-source heat pumps meeting or exceeding 15 SEER, 12.5 EER and 8.5 HSPF.
- $300 tax credit limit for package air conditioners and package gas/electric units meeting or exceeding
- 14 SEER and 12 EER.
- $300 tax credit limit for packaged heat pumps and packaged dual-fuel systems meeting or exceeding 14 SEER, 12 EER and 8 HSPF.
- $150 tax credit limit for furnaces (natural gas, propane or oil) meeting or exceeding 95% AFUE.
- $50 tax credit limit for advanced main air circulating fan using no more than 2% of the furnace’s total energy.
- $300 tax credit limit for electric heat pump water heaters with an energy factor of at least 2.0.
- $300 tax credit limit for natural gas, propane and oil water heaters with an energy factor of at least 0.82 or a thermal efficiency of at least 90%.
Duke Energy Credit
Boer Brothers is a participating contractor in this program. Receive $200 incentive for installing a qualifying heat pump or central air conditioner. This program is for Duke power customers installing new high efficiency heat pumps or central air conditioners in their single family home or condominium.
Progress Energy has an incentive program for its residential cusotmers to improve the energy efficiency of their homes. The rebates are for cooling and heating improvements, including duct sealing, upgraded insulation and heat pump or water heater installation. To qualify the equipment should meet all requirements. Boer Brothers is very familiar with all the requirements give us a call to discuss. They change all time so it is best to have us check on the requirements for you.