It is a smart idea to schedule maintenance for your heating system, before the winter temperatures rter months. A furnace inspection and tune-up benefits your heating system by making sure that all of the components are working properly to keep your home or business safe and warm. Once the heating system inspection and maintenance is performed, any needed repairs that are found can be made by our highly qualified technicians. The Energy Star EPA program provides information on the types of maintenance items that will keep your furnace more energy efficient and save you money:
“A typical maintenance check-up should include the following.
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electriceally set in for the long haul. Boer Brothers Heating and Cooling has been providing quality furnace repair, maintenance and installation to customers in the Durham, Carrboro and Chapel Hill area since 2007. Our trained and certified experts will keep your furnace running smoothly throughout the winal connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger. Improperly operating gas (or oil) connections are a fire hazard and can contribute to health problems. A dirty burner or cracked heat exchanger causes improper burner operation. Either can cause the equipment to operate less safely and efficiently.”
Furnace Maintenance and Energy Efficiency
A properly maintained heating system and furnace repair will keep your family or business warm during the cold winter months. Boer Brothers installs, maintains and repairs all furnaces and heating system components.
Achieving optimal energy efficiency with a central heating or standard heating system is recommended, and our experienced heating technicians are knowledgeable in AFUE ratings, used to indicate the energy efficiency of heating systems. We will consult with you on the most energy efficient solutions available, and keep you informed of current tax credits that are available for new energy efficient heating system installations. Better efficiency leads to lower energy bills, and we will help you research the various programs and offers that are available to help you save money.
Heating System Services For Healthy Air Quality
Boer Brothers’ team of experts will inspect and maintain your furnace to the highest quality, making sure that your air quality is excellent, with an effective air filtration system. We realize how important clean air is to your health, and we provide heating systems with high energy efficiency ratings for a healthier indoor environment. Our repair and installation technicians have extensive experience with repairing heating systems, providing comprehensive maintenance and installing new, energy efficient systems. We also provide HVAC and air conditioning services and installations. Contact us at (919) 813-2556 for more information about HVAC services in Chapel Hill, Durham, Hillsborough and Carrboro, North Carolina.
(Source: Heat and Cool Efficiently: Maintenance Checklist, http://www.energystar.gov, 2014)