Commercial Fryer Repair in Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh
A commercial fryer cooks foods extremely efficiently and quickly, and are often used in restaurants and commercial kitchens for appetizers and specific entrees. Deep fryers use a heating element to super-heat an oil medium to around 400° Fahrenheit. When food product is dipped into the oil, the moisture inside boils, but because oil and water don’t mix, the product doesn’t lose moisture, but rather, is steamed from the inside out.
Common issues with commercial fryers
When something goes wrong
BE SURE TO TURN OFF THE POWER AND/OR GAS FIRST!
If the pilot light will not stay lit, 1 of 3 things have failed:
- Hi-Limit. First, check to see if the hi-limit is the culprit by taking one wire off and connecting it with the other wire. Do as you always do and light the pilot. If the pilot remains lit, then the high limit is bad and needs to be replaced. To replace the hi-limit you first need to empty the oil from the tank. This needs to be done because the sensing bulb for the hi-limit enters through the side of the tank. There is a large nut in the side of the tank and a smaller nut inside the large nut, loosen and pull these off. Now you can remove the defective high limit. Reverse the procedure to install the new hi-limit. Always screw the larger nut into the tank first and then the smaller nut. Light the pilot and your unit should be working.
- Thermopile. If the pilot still will not stay lit, then the thermopile is most likely the culprit. One end is attached to the pilot and the other is attached to the gas valve. Remove the thermopile from both places and replace. Light the pilot, and if it remains lit you are good to go. Also, remember to reconnect the hi-limit wire.
- Combination Safety Gas Valve. If the pilot still will not stay lit, then the only thing left is the combination safety gas valve. To replace the combo valve, you will need to have a couple of pipe wrenches. This is the most difficult part to change, due to the limited space. Remember to install the new gas valve in the same direction and replace all the connections.
If the pilot is lit, but the fryer still does not work, the thermostat may be faulty. Only 3 things can happen:
- Either the burner will not light when turned on even though the pilot is lit.
- The oil will not get hot enough.
- When the oil reaches temperature it will not shut off.
Thermostat. In either case the thermostat will need to be replaced. If it is running wild (will not shut off) the oil will overheat causing the hi-limit to trip out and shut everything off. By resetting the hi-limit and relighting the pilot and it stays lit, then you will know that the thermostat is not good. To replace the thermostat follow the same instructions for replacing the hi-limit.
What Other Types of Equipment Does Boer Brothers Service?
Powered Braziers, Charcoal & Wood burning Broilers, Conveyor Broilers, Electric Broilers, Gas Broilers, Infrared Broilers, Booster Heater, Braising Pans, Proofer, Cheese Melters, Cook & Hold Cabinets, Holding Cabinets, Bar Coolers, Beverage Coolers, Milk Coolers, Reach-in Coolers, Walk-in Coolers, Wine Coolers, Choppers, Coffee Machines, Coffee Brewer, Coffee Maker, Drop-in Warmers, Espresso Machines, Food Processors, Undercounter Freezers, Reach-in Freezers, Soft Ice Cream Freezers, Soft Serve Ice Cream Machines, Walk-in Freezers, Open/Countertop Fryers, Electric Fryers, Gas Fryers, Pressure Fryers, Glass Washers, Griddles, Grills, Charbroilers, Coffee Grinders, Meat Grinders, Ventilation Hoods, Hot Dog Grills, Hot Dog Rollers, HVAC Systems, Heat Lamps, Ice Machines, Steam Kettles, Mixers, Pizza Ovens, Warmers, Oil Filtration System, Ovens, Oil Filter Systems, Combi Ovens, Deck Ovens, Dutch Ovens, Roasting Ovens, Biscuit Ovens, Combination Ovens, Convection Ovens, Conveyor Ovens, Cook & Hold Ovens, Rotisserie Ovens, Woodburning Ovens, Braising Pans, Cook Chill Systems, Convection Oven Ranges, Heavy Duty Ranges, Heated Reach-ins, Reach-in Refrigerators, Walk-in Refrigerators, Rice Cookers, Roasters, Rotisseries, Warming Drawers, Salamanders, Salamander Broilers, Skillets, Tilting Skillets, Slicers, Slush Machines, Warmers & Soup Kettles, Steam Cookers, Convection Steamers, Countertop Steamers, Hot Dog Steamers, Pressure Steamers, Steamers, Warming Cabinets, Tray Conveyors, Toasters, Conveyor Toasters, Drawer Warmers, Tray Washers, Conveyer Dishwashers, Conveyor Dishmachines, Dishwashers, Dish Machines, Warewashers, Conveyor Warewashers, Cutters, Waffle Bakers, Bread Slicers, Waffle Irons, Flight Warewashers, Pot & Pan Warewashers, Pot washers, Disposal, Waste Compactors, Waste Disposals, Undercounter Warewashers, Single Tank Warewashers, Pulpers, Trash Compactors and many more!
What Brands Does Boer Brothers Heating and Cooling Service?
ALTO SHAAM, AMERICAN DISH MACHINE, AMERICAN RANGE CO, ANETS APW/WYOTT, BAKERS PRIDE, BELSHAW, BERKEL BEVERAGE AIR, BLODGETT, BLODGETT COMBI, BLOOMFIELD BROASTER, BUNN-O-MATIC BUS BOY, NEMCO, CARTER HOFFMAN, CECILWARE, CHAMPION, CLEVELAND, CONNOLLY COOKSHACK, CRATHCO, CRES-COR, CTX, CURTIS, CUTLER DEAN, DELFIELD, DORMONT, DOUGH PRO, DUKE DYNAMIC, EVERPURE, FISHER, FLEETWOOD FOOD WARMING, FRYMASTER GARLAND, GLASTENDER, GLOBE, GOLD METAL, GRINDMASTER, GROEN HAMILTON BEACH, HATCO, HARDT, HENNY PENNY, HICKORY, HOBART, HOLMAN, , HOSHIZAKI, ICE O MATIC, IMPERIAL, INSINKERATOR, JADE, JET SPRAY, KEATING, KNIGHT, LANG, LEGION, LE-JO, LINCOLN, LUCKS, MANITOWAC, MARKET FORGE, MEIKO, MERCO, MIDDLEBY MARSHALL , MOFFAT, MONTAGUE, MOYER, DIEBEL, NATIONAL CONVEYOR, NEICO, NUVU, PANASONIC, PAXTON, PERLICK, PITCO, RANDELL, RANKIN, DELUX, RATIONAL, SALVAJOR, SAVORY, SCOTSMAN, SECO, SERVER, SHARP, SILVER KING, SOUTHBEND, SOUTHERN PRIDE, STAR, T & S BRASS, TOASTMASTER, TRAULSEN, TRUE, TURBOCHEF, U.S. RANGE, UNIVEX, VICTORY, VOLRATH, VULCAN HART, WARING, WELLS, WINSTON, WITTCO, WOLF, and more
We Provide Commercial Kitchen Cooking Equipment Services the following Areas.
Raleigh and Surrounding Areas Providing Kitchen Cooking repair for Apex, Cary, Fuquay Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightsdale, Morrisville, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Wendell, Willow Spring, Zebulon
In Durham County: Durham
In Orange County: Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Hillsborough
In Chatham County: Pittsboro