Boer Brothers is Proud to Give Back To the Community We Serve!
Partnering with Rebuilding Together of the Triangle
We have been proud to sponsor financially and to work on many projects with Rebuilding Together of the Triangle who seeks to make a sustainable impact on preserving and revitalizing homes and communities, assuring that low-income homeowners, from the elderly and disabled to families with children, live in safe, healthy homes.
Rebuilding Together of the Triangle has done close to 100 significant repair projects in the last four years. Many of our projects include some of the following work:
- Repair damaged subfloors and flooring
- Replace rotten siding and trim
- Install Insulation & air sealing
- Replace leaking faucets, toilets and pipes
- Replace outlets & repair unsafe wiring
- Install appropriate ventilation
- Replace drywall
- Patch leaking roofs
- Build wheelchair ramps
- Install railings and grab bars
- Widen doorways and modify bathrooms for accessibility
- Clear overgrown yards
- Paint interior and exterior surfaces
It is very rewarding for our employees to be part of something special., we walk away from a home, usually in a day, with repairs that literally change the lives of our homeowners and volunteers alike. We partnered with Wells Fargo on a
On June 9th, volunteers completed roof repairs, replaced windows, and installed new flooring for the Davis’ near downtown Raleigh. Mr. Davis is disabled, and unable to make some critical repairs; with the help of Rebuilding Together of the Triangle and Wells Fargo, the Davis family also received a new HVAC system, a barrier-free shower, and insulation to ensure a warm, safe and dry home to enjoy.
The 2016 Fix-A-Home Project Revealed!
Wow! Our 10th Anniversary Project has been nothing short of amazing. 100% Volunteer Powered and donation driven, we transformed a worn and broken house into a healthy, functional, efficient and beautiful home that will serve Paul and Belinda Caldwell for years to come. When Paul and Belinda arrived home October 7th they were greeted by a housefull of Volunteers eager to witness thier reaction to the transformation of their home. We were all overwhelmed with the joy of the occasion. Boer Brothers, with the help of Trane, was able to install a efficient heating and cooling system that will provide comfort and cost savings to the Caldwells. The overall project was coordinated by 2016 Fix-A-Home Committee.
We are grateful to have the following skilled tradesmen and vendors Partnership and Participation in this year’s project:
· Bagwell Holt Smith, P.A.(10 Year Partner)
· Fitch Lumber Company (10 Year Partner)
· Boer Brothers Heating & Air
· PlumbV: Residential and Commercial Plumbing Experts (5 Year Partner)
· Lawton Electrical Services (5+ Year Partner)
· Enliven: Carpentry, Home Repair & Maintenance
· Emma Delon Kitchen & Bath- Design & Consultation (5+ Year Partner)
· Budget Blinds of Chapel Hill & Durham (5 Year Partner)
· Frazee Carpet & Interiors (5+ Year Partner)
· Dowell Installs, LLC
· Greg Tilley Pressure Cleaning (5+ Year Partner)
· Alston’s Home Improvements
· Reico Kitchen & Bath
· Carrboro Crawlspace Solutions
· Sherwin Williams, Chapel Hill (5+ Year Partner)
· Best Tile of Durham
· Hampton Kitchens
· Ferguson Enterprises (5 Year Partner)
· AMC Lighting & Décor
· The Appliance Center
· UNITS Mobile Storage of NC
· Rebuilding Together of the Triangle
· Professional HomeStaging & Design
· Roberta Frank Designs
· Al’s Burger Shack
Check out these murals at Club Nova!
We are committed to giving back so we all benefit. Our company has always supported non-profit organizations, however we receive far more requests for donations and sponsorship than we have funds to dispense. We are honored to help those organizations we can financially support.
For example, we were honored to participate in Club Nova’s recent renovation and renewal project for in their downtown facility. We brought the skill and energy of our people and the resources of our company to make the street and their lives a little brighter. Check the murals!
Chapel Hill Realtors Fix A Home
This year, Fix-A-Home helped homeowner Susan Prytherch, a disabled single mother, to remodel her house and fix problems like rotting wood. Prytherch said it’s like a new home.
“I love every bit of it,” Prytherch said. “They just totally transformed the house.” The Fix-A-Home service project has been helping people in the community for seven years. All the work done is through volunteers and materials donated from local stores and businesses, free to the homeowner.
For Prytherch’s house, more than 40 people volunteered to work on the house. Twenty-two skilled tradesmen and vendors donated time and supplies.